How is Chronic Pain Treated?
Although there is no one cure available for chronic pain, there are many ways to manage and treat it. At Palluzzi Health Center, our team of chiropractors, acupuncturists, physical therapists and massage therapists, all work together to treat the underlying conditions that may cause the pain. We work with each patient to develop a personalized and comprehensive plan for treating and managing pain, rather than relying solely on medications.
The focus of our therapies rely on the development of self-management skills, along with lifestyle changes and efforts to improve physical and mental health.
Drug-Free Treatments for Chronic Pain at Palluzzi Health Center
- Exercise: Light to moderate exercise helps to improve the blood and oxygen flow to the muscles and reduce stress. Exercise therapy is especially helpful for people with low back pain, arthritis, psychogenic pain, and many others.
- Heat and/or cold application: Applying hot and/or cold therapy to a sore area via a safe mechanism (such as hot or cold packs that have temperature limits built in to prevent burning or freezing skin) can be very effective for treating many types of pain.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture done by a trained therapist can provide relief for all types of chronic pain. Our licensed acupuncturists are trained to work side by side with our chiropractors, massage therapists, and physical therapists to target the areas of the body that are causing pain and discomfort.
- Massage: Massage therapy has been shown to be effective for muscle and mechanical pain and may be useful for other kinds of chronic pain as well.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments to the spine and extremities help to remove subluxations (misalignments of the spine) in order to improve the function of the nervous system. A healthy nervous system accelerates the body’s innate ability to heal itself while alleviating pressure on the parts of the body causing pain.
Visiting Our Pain Control Clinic in Monmouth County
Palluzzi Health Center’s pain management team takes a holistic approach to care. We look closely at all aspects of a patient’s condition and how it affects their quality of life. Led by Dr. Edward Palluzzi, our doctors specialize in chronic pain management, and includes chiropractors, physical therapists, acupuncturists and massage therapists.. Each doctor communicates with others who are involved in the patients care.
Conditions Experience by Patients Who Visit Our Pain Control Clinic in Old Bridge, NJ
- Back & Neck Pain
- Shoulder & Knee Pain
- Foot & Ankle Pain
- Muscularskeletal Pain
- Joint Pain
- Hip Pain
- TMJ (Jaw Pain)